Wednesday 2 August 2017

Sea Dragon

5 days to go
Heading down to Plymouth on Sunday
We go aboard at 10am on Monday and sail and 5pm
Remember to sign up to receive my blog in your email.
I will post whenever we have WiFi, describing our adventures and what we are finding.

I visited the head office of the UK Marine Conservation Society last week.  They will be posting my blogs on their FB and Twitter feeds and when we get back I will be writing an article for the Spring edition of their magazine.  

Tomorrow I am visiting a local plastic card manufacture; I have approached all the local plastic manufacturers and I'm delighted that this one has invited me to come and talk about the trip.

I did a talk/workshop while I was away which was well met, and people discussed what they could do both in their personal lives to reduce their plastic use, and litter picking in their local environment to prevent more plastic being washed down storm drains into the sea. 

I've started my final assignment for the Netherlands Open University Micro plastic course, wish me luck, needs finishing by Saturday.

BTW I have so far raised about 2.5K towards my fare, thank you again to everyone who has supported me through my crowdfunding page (which is still open and able to receive, link below), given me personal donations, and/or bought my plastic crafts and art cards.

www.gofundme.com/plasticseas 



No comments:

Post a Comment