Monday 22 May 2017

Beach Toys 

Hi Everyone
This photo is of some items that I have rescued on my beach walks to reuse.  You can see that I have cut the red and orange balls in half, they are in the process of becoming 2 pairs of funky earrings - available for sale.  The spade, along with another spade and bucket, have been donated to Macclesfield's Artspace.  The yellow heart - from a helium balloon - and the children's sand moulds have also been converted into funky earrings - already being worn by my daughter at festivals.

Great news - my fundraising has almost reached 25% of my target.  You won't see this on my fundraising page as much has been personal donations and sales.  However, you can still donate on www.gofundme.com/plasticseas

Sad news - I'm working on the south coast again - so fab to be by the sea - BUT noticed as the tide was going out by the rocks - on what was otherwise a lovely clean beach - a big collection of 10cm long blue and white plastic 'tubes' from  'Q' tips/cotton buds.  These are flushed down toilets/sinks and because they are so thin they are not trapped by the sewage systems filters. They are disastrous for sea animals, getting stuck in their gullets etc. and look horrible mixed up with the sand and pebbles. PLEASE PLEASE buy the varieties with paper 'sticks'.

No comments:

Post a Comment